As many of us are returning to our normal work schedule after the holidays, I wanted to take the time to wish all of my readers a happy New Year! Every year around this time, many of us look back on the past year and try to think of ways we can do things better or differently both in the office and out.
This week, I will be talking to Lance Godard on Total Expert Radio about new year's resolutions for attorneys in 2011, but I encourage you to think about your own personal resolutions and share them. If you haven’t thought about resolutions this year, here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Expand your law firm website to include a virtual platform. If you aren’t convinced virtual law offices are the wave of the future, take a look at Stephanie Kimbro’s 2010 Review of Virtual Law Practice in the News.
- Get out of the office. To help you keep things running smoothly while you are away, check out Alan Klevan’s Out-of-Office Management Tips.
- Take a leap into the clouds to help manage your practice and safely back up your files.
- Start using social media and search engine optimization techniques to drive potential clients to your website.
- If you’ve spent a lot of time making friends through your social networks, make 2011 the year you convert your virtual friends into real world friends.
What are some of your resolutions for 2011? Share them in the comments below or call us during the show on Friday, January 7 at 12 p.m by dialing (347) 857-1419 to listen in, ask questions and discuss your opinions with other attorneys on the air.