I’ve lived in Chicago my entire life. People from Chicago have a great deal of civic pride, and I’m no exception!
Aside from being the host of the ABA Tech Show, Chicago is a great city for culture, sightseeing, and nightlife! We are home to lots of museums, a great skyline, and rich cultural events.
Want to fit a little of what Chicago has to offer into your time here? Here are some recommendations from Total Attorneys:
- Admission to the Art Institute of Chicago is free every Thursday evening from 5-9. If you are a fan of Impressionist paintings, then it is a must visit. The Modern Wing, which opened just last year is an architectural marvel and houses the work of famous artists such as Picasso, as well as more contemporary living artists.
- Is your family traveling to Chicago with you for the Tech Show? The Adler Planetarium has great astronomy exhibits for kids, including a new one opening tomorrow called “Planet Explorers.” The Shedd Aqurium is also right next door to the Adler and is always a family pleaser.
- Chicago is getting warmer but the weather isn’t that nice yet. A great indoor alternative is to take advantage of the city’s theater scene. Shows currently playing include Billy Elliot and Beauty and the Beast.
- Interested in sophisticated cocktails and a magnificent view of the city? Check out a great deal for Rebar at the Trump Tower: $25 for $50 worth of food and beverage. The best part is that 10% will go to the charity of your choice. Excellent venue and an excellent cause!
- Want to see a great local Chicago band play in one of my favorite Chicago bars? Check out Spare Parts at AliveOne on Thursday.
Be sure to stop by Booth 603 and let us know where your adventures have taken you in our fine city.
If you have some tips post ’em up!